Re: what does it all mean?

At 07:04 AM 10/6/03 -0700, you wrote:
At 09:25 AM 10/6/2003 -0700, Alan Zinn wrote:

Kids,

Ah, something addressed to me :-)

I ran across this story about mobile phone cameras out-selling digital cameras.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/pcworld/20030922/tc_pcworld/112576

How does that make this a better world?
What other appliances need cameras?
Is there art lurking here?
Should we begin a PF phone camera gallery?

Mobile phone cameras will replace disposables pretty quickly. They're a lot easier, photos can be emailed directly from the phone, and the technology is going to improve fairly quickly. I saw a story on a new technology that will let the phone camera autofocus (all now are fixed focus) with no mechanical parts.

Mine does 640x480 with a fair amount of jpg compression artifacts and weak colors. But it comes in handy every now and then.

Here's a photo of my morning cup that I took with it:

http://www.spirer.com/images/viz1.jpg

Jeff Spirer Photos: http://www.spirer.com One People: http://www.onepeople.com/ Surfaces and Marks: http://www.withoutgrass.com

Jeff,

A Bloody Mary for breakfast?