Re: light stands again

I was going to suggest a Majestic. They are cool.

I have two Bogan heads, the universal ball joint on my 3021 legs and a large pan tilt on my studio stand. I like them both. They work well and were around $50 each.

That does not mean I wouldn't like to have better ones. But, on a tight budget, they are great. The ball head is stiff and hurts like hell when it lets my 4x5 fall on my head when I forget to tighten it down before throwing the rig over my shoulder. The pan tilt grips feel good to me but, as Bob suggests, it is a bit loose and a large studio camera can get away from you if you're not careful. Both examples point out why the Majestic with gears in every direction is such a great head.

Peace!
Sidney

Mike King wrote:
The head was probably a Majestic or Sanford and Davis.