Re: light stands again

I don't like the head design. It could be because we used the in school
and the students were rough on equipment or because assistants were
rough on the ones I owned but they always seems to get loose.
Also, I didn't like the "feel" of the grips.

The legs seemed light weight and sturdy enough. I once mounted a head
from another tripod (a big black thing that had a crank for tilt and a
huge base, can't remember the brand but it was cool!) on a pair of bogan
legs. It worked ok until I got a gitzo.
Currently, I have two big Gitzo tripods and one vintage Tiltall any of
which I would highly recommend.