RE: First portrait session

I would definitely have preferred that type of shot but it was a mostly overcast day. The sun was not reliable enough so I went with the strobe.

> You didn't mention what this shoot was for and if it's one you can
> easily redo. She seems like a willing participant and I wouldn't
> hesitate to ask her if you can shoot her again now that you know the
> area you'd be working in. She'd most likely be flattered and you would
> have the opportunity to make some minor adjustments and learn quite a
> lot by comparing the results of the two shoots.

I had recently refused to do her daughter's graduation photos because I wasn't about to be the only source of photos for an event like that. She pretty much forced me to do this shoot. I did it as a personal favor so a re-shoot would be no problem as long as she's willing to go through it again and I remember to slip some valium into a doggy treat.

Thanks very much for your comments.

Greg