Re: light stands again

"Rev. Sidney Flack" wrote:

> Get the Bogan light stands #3333.  I have four of them and find them
> solid.  They also cost me less than $50 each from B&H a couple years ago.

I would have to say that I had some Bogen stands that I used as location
stands. They were light, traveled well and I was VERY pleased with them.
Just don't buy their tripods.

> Emily L. Ferguson wrote:
> > OK.  Given that I don't like the turtle legs and anyway the Matthews
> > light stands are too expensive this year, what's next on the schedule of
> > goodness for such items.
> >
> > Got an opinion, Bobbert?

You must appreciate the turtle legs. The way that they nestle together.
Not only for storage...
http://www.markertek.com/MTStore/store.cfm?framed=/MTStore/product.CFM?BaseItem=MSE-573
but, if you do table top and ever ever ever wanted to have 3, 4, 5 or
more light sources, flags, scrims or any other object/things that needs
to be boomed onto a small set coming from anywhere near the same angle,
you can appreciate how difficult/impossible it is to get a half dozen
regular stands to nestle in right next to each other.
Turtle bases are pure genius.