Re: light stands again

> I don't like the head design. It could be because we used the in school
> and the students were rough on equipment or because assistants were
> rough on the ones I owned but they always seems to get loose.
> Also, I didn't like the "feel" of the grips.

my thoughts too.  Although the ones at our college survive reasonably well,
there are the odd breakages.  locking knuckles break, heads crack and
they're forever falling loose.  I broke two heads on my own Marfrotto/Bogen
before I relegated it to being a standby tripod.

> Currently, I have two big Gitzo tripods and one vintage Tiltall any of
> which I would highly recommend.

Two Gitzo's here as well, and neither of the old beige monsters even show a
hint of giving up on me.  One had a Miller fluid head fitted (nice for the
weight of the 8x10) the other has one of the gitzo heads.  Marvelous
tripods.