Re: Thoughts on PF exhibits for 09-20-03

Perhaps it is introducing some pixellation.  I
> can see it on my monitor, too, after the shots have been posted.
They look
> ok before I send them.  Should I consider another program for these
kinds of
> things?  I can't afford Photoshop, but inexpensive programs would be
worth
> considering.

Fred

Three things.

1) please learn to SNIP

2) by pixellation. Are you applying a sharpen filter or an unsharp
mask (or worse, neither)

3) if it looks good before you send then crap on the web are you
working on it in a space other than sRGB?
If your PSP is defaulting to another colour space the web is almost
exclusively sRGB viewed via all the browsers I've dealt with.

Finally, aside.  You didn't say how the scan.  Is it a scanned print
(flatbed), neg scanner or digital camera?

Bob