Re: Thoughts on PF exhibits for 09-20-03

Fred,

Fussiness was meant to be one of those dual-meaning terms for both lack of a
definitive subject, but also for the lack of apparent sharp focus. This
image has a kind of Brownie Hawkeye look to it. You are probably correct in
that the photo looked much better before it was processed for the Web. A
shot with a lot of detail as your "Newburyport Bridge" photo, must almost be
over-sharpened for decent Web reproduction.

I don't know much about Paint Shop Pro, but you can get almost all of the
utility of Photoshop with _Adobe Photoshop Elements_. It has almost as much
power as Photoshop, and in many ways it is easier to use. The big thing it
does not have is the ability to do CYMK work, which you need basically only
if you are sending your work to the print shop for reproduction. For Web
work, inkjet printer work and email, Elements is all you need. I think Wally
World has it in the $65 range. It is probably available at many places on
the Web.

I am looking forward to your future submissions.

peace and pixels,

rand