Re: PS help

Hi Emily,

IMO your actions files should be there :
Applications -> Adobe Photoshop 5.5 -> Adobe Photoshop Settings 5.5 ->
Actions Palette

Actions Palette is usually the name of a default action palette or a
temporary one . That should be the right place to put your actions.

So I don't really know where they have gone. Here is what I'd try (if your
didn't already) :

Open your PS file and any dumb picture. Then choose the action palette and
register a new short action.. Call it as you want and save it giving it a
new name.

Then make a search using Sherlock and see where the file has been
registered.  Put your older custom actions there as well and change their
name (in order to be sure to find them again).
Close PS, relaunch it..

Then open any picture (just to be sure that no needed menu is greyed out);
open your photoshop action palette and choose load action; navigate to the
folder where your short new action had been saved and where you have added
the older ones; if you can't pick them here.. Then I don't know.

May be that what you missed is the load action step ?

If you don't see your custom action there, try adding them their PC suffix :
atn -  Since Photoshop recognize pc files, this may be a hint that you are
looking at the right files..

Good luck..

Christiane

--