Re: PS help

At 12:08 PM -0500 9/17/03, Rev. Sidney Flack wrote:
Emily,

Are you restarting both your computer and PS after you move the Actions file? I believe the files are not available until you at least restart the program and maybe not until you restart your computer.

Yeah, yeah.... done all that, darn it. Tried every Mac trick I know, darn it.

It should also go into the identical location on your new Mac. Don't swop the files into the different folders. Remember, like = like.

Yup. Didn't seem to matter. Still no custom actions.

Thanks for your help, however.

Anybody on a Photoshop list? I'm on about 10 lists and it's really just plain enough.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@cape.com 508-563-6822

Emily,

This should work:

Launch Photoshop on the old computer.

Go to the actions palette.

Group all your custom actions into one folder.

Highlight that folder.

Select "Save actions" from the action palette's pulldown menu.

Save the .atn file somewhere you can find it, the desktop.

Move that file to the new computer.

Launch Photoshop on the new computer.

From the action pallete's pulldown menu select "Load actions"

Load the previously save .atn file.