Re: Pinhole macro anyone?

Guy Glorieux <guy.glorieux@sympatico.ca> writes:

> Then
> dd-b said:
> >Studio flash will probably be necessary to get enough light.
> >

> Dave, with pinhole, you operate in the aperture ranges of  F/120 and
> above, far above the traditional range of F/8 - /22 for lens cameras.

Yes, I know.  Well, up through at least f64 is pretty common for large
format.

> Moving from one scale to the next means usually quite a number of
> F/stops, which in terms of number of flash bursts will go like this: 2,
> 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, ...  By the time you have covered all the light
> requirements, the flash heads glow in the dark...

I do know that an f-stop change represents a doubling of the light.

However, putting 3 1600 watt-second heads about a foot away from the
subject will result in amounts of light far in excess of, for example,
sunlight.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, <dd-b@dd-b.net>, <www.dd-b.net/dd-b/>
Photos: <dd-b.lighthunters.net>  Snapshots: <www.dd-b.net/dd-b/SnapshotAlbum/>