Re: Pinhole macro anyone?

> Has anyone heard of pinhole macro photography? Is that physically
possible? The vast DOF would certainly be handy.

> Greg

hiya Greg.

I took a bunch of macro pinhole shots of ants with a bridge as a backdrop
with a 35mm camera.  The composition was cute but to be honest I can't say
the shots were particularly memorable nor particularly sharp ..nor were many
of the fast moving ants particularly identifiable as ants unless one used
one's imagination ;-)  Diffraction, the size of the cirles of confusion and
the physical size of the legs of ants really didn't combine all that well..

I did decide however that the results merited further investigation and more
shots are on my list of things to do.

race you?

;-)