Re: Pinhole macro anyone?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gregory Fraser
>... (snip)pinhole camera from an empty 5x7 paper box. He used a sheet
of paper for his negative and this is how he said he made his pinhole:

Thanks for the reference, Greg.
Hmmm...  Nice prints indeed, but "so" clean for paper negatives with
handmade pinhole.  Maybe he's used a laser-drilled pinhole in there.
They give you really sharp images but event with laser-drilled, it's
hard to avoid the problem from blur arising from  diffraction  at the
edges of the pinhole hole.

Unlike lenses, every pinhole is different and each photographer tends to
get very different results depending on their camera system.... Just got
this evening the color prints I shot during the workshop and they
confirm the "soft-focus" nature of my 35mm pinhole when I use handmade
pinholes with that format of film...

Great for pictorialist imaging, though...

Then, dd-b also wrote:

> Yes, I know....
> However, putting 3 1600 watt-second heads about a foot away from the
> subject will result in amounts of light far in excess of, for example,
> sunlight.

Ha!  my apologies, Dave.

Didn't mean to put you down on this.  Just quoted the numbers for
illustrative purposes after four days explaining to workshop
participants what an F/stop actually was and how it worked when you want
to get propoer exposures.  I think they've picked it up by the end of
the 4 days, but they're now probably making nightmares about this crazy
pinhole teacher and his F/stop numbers.

Anyways, it seems that you've got the killer instinct with your three
1,600 watts flash heads!  -:))

Best regards to both,

Guy