RE: Camera drowning

Suggestion:
remove all batteries
place is bucket of distilled water and leave for 24 hours
throw away distilled water
put in another bucket full of distilled water
repeat until tests for chloride (take sample of water in test tube and test
with silver nitrate solution white ppt=chloride present) is negative with no
chloride
if there is no mud in camera air dry until no longer wet Pure ethanol will
complete drying process but may take of some coatings so not recommended *do
not use mineralised methylated spirit*
Ethanol will also degrease the mechanisms so not recommended

There is a small chance that it will work after this treatment.

Preferable to take to a technician in bucket of distilled water and do not
dry.

If insured, ring up insurer and ask for instructions.

Chris
http://www.chrisscrazyideas.co.uk
http://www.chrissgallery.co.uk