Re: Camera drowning

A sad story indeed... My heartfelt condolences....

I think tOM is the first one to mention the absolutely most important thing in first-aid for dunked electronic/electrical equipment of any kind:

GET **ALL** BATTERIES OUT OF IT THE VERY FIRST THING YOU DO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not only the main batteries, but any backup ones as well... As long as there is a voltage applied between submerged or wet metals anywhere, you´ll get electrolysis that severely aggravates any corrosion, and can ruin the equipment in a very short time. Most people know that leaking batteries means quick disaster; this is equally lethal!

After that, it is "safe" to re-dunk the poor thing in pure water until it gets professional help.

Per