Re: Beware of ebay fraud - Off Topic

Yes, this one is nasty. Had it twice - the first time I almost got caught because I knew that my bank's computer system was down for a few hours maintenance and it was about the time that my ebay account was payable. I figured something had gone wrong with the standing payment. Oddly, the 'update' site looks very professional but the emails have clumsy syntax - that's why I got suspicious. By the time ebay shuts them down, they'll have harvested many numbers on a 'hit and run' basis.
Is there no limit to criminal ingenuity?
Think I'll start a religion.
AndrewF

If you receive anything that looks like the following, DO NOT respond to
it.   It does not come from ebay, it is just a scam to get your userid and
password.

dan c.

  Dear Ebay user,
As part of our continuing commitment to protect your account and to reduce
the instance of fraud on our website , we are undertaking a period review