Re: A Burning Issue

Hi Russ,

I'm not sure whether you'll be able to find programs allowing sorting and
burning a CDs at the same time.

This one is a great program and it is completely free !!
http://www.irfanview.com/
(thanks to Bob T who pointed me to that program first)

Ok I did down load it and it looks pretty good.

Mostly what I do is Theatrical Photos.

For example last night I set up my portable
at a rehearsal and did Head Shots of 8 performers.

Here is what I am looking to do.

I have down loaded the jpegs. on to my computer.

These are Super HQ jpegs. at 1/4 compression.

The photos were automatically
downloaded with numbers 001-112 .

I want to be able to as a batch copy these
and convert them to a low resolution jpeg.

The idea is to burn each person a CD with their
photos, but the images on their CD will be a low res.
images so they can't make a decent print from it.

It would be great to be able to convert the batch as a whole.

Then re name  the images in small groups as I burn each persons
CD(ie: Bob 001, Bob 002, Bob 003, Bob 004 etc etc)

I don't want to change the original jpegs in this
process as I will be making the enlargements from these.

(Yes I know that as I do any manipulation
on the originals I should save as a Tiff.)

I would hope that this program will let me do this?

Thanks

Russ
R.E. Baker
Photography