Re: A Burning Issue

Hi Russ,

I'm not sure whether you'll be able to find programs allowing sorting and
burning a CDs at the same time.

Programs for burning CDs are often defaulting to Audio CDs, but burning
pictures is very easy : you just handle it as usual data files.. So just
find out the default needed by your program to store data (make sure to use
a standard solution, so that it can be read by any system, like ISO9660).

There are many options for sorting and managing pictures. Most of them
allows the creation of slideshows, the printing of contactsheet and the
automatic creation of webpages.. Once you have got the slideshow or the
webpages, then you can just burn the files to the CD as if it were usual
data.

This one is a great program and it is completely free !!
http://www.irfanview.com/
(thanks to Bob T who pointed me to that program first)

I used to like Thumb plus a lot, but I don¹t' know how it works now; I think
it's still a shareware :
http://www.cerious.com/thumbsplus.shtml

These programs will allow you to :
Create lists of thumbnails the size you want;
Assign keywords or categories, add captions;
Search and find pictures using different criteria;
View the picture and sometimes make some small modifications to it (but not
really replacing the Imaging software);
Create contact sheets and printing them;
Make slides shows;
Mail pictures;
Create a web pages automatically, etc...

May be there are other products allowing the direct burning of CDs, but I
think you shouldn't really bother for that : for instance, if you create
automatically web pages, then you just copy all the files to the CDs as data
and anyone can view your pictures just with their browser.. Same for the
slideshow (although you may have to add a runtime version of the program).

--
Christiane