Re: A Burning Issue

Russ

The only thing I'm not sure you will be able to do is batch-rename *as*
you write the CD.

Harmware's Batch Thumbs (FREE)
http://harmware.com/bthumbs.htm
is exactly what you need for translating your high-res images into lower
res/pixel dimension jpegs while renaming them at the same time if you like.

If you are going to send the same batch of images to different people (but
want them custom named) it may be best to generate a folder "bob" then use
a renamer prog to "rename-copy" the batch reference batch, write the CD
then delete the folder.

Bob

Mostly what I do is Theatrical Photos.

For example last night I set up my portable
at a rehearsal and did Head Shots of 8 performers.

Here is what I am looking to do.

>have down loaded the jpegs. on to my computer.

These are Super HQ jpegs. at 1/4 compression.

The photos were automatically
downloaded with numbers 001-112 .

I want to be able to as a batch copy these
and convert them to a low resolution jp
>g.

The idea is to burn each person a CD with their
photos, but the images on their CD will be a low res.
images so they can't make a decent print from it.

It would be great to be able to convert the batch as a whole.

Then re name  the image
> in small groups as I burn each persons
CD(ie: Bob 001, Bob 002, Bob 003, Bob 004 etc etc)