Re:Chronic Sick

I've done a lot of world traveling in the past.Im an American who was overseas for 4 years.I never felt threatened and I've traveled to some pretty hairy places.
Most places in the world are much safer than the SF bay area.In some Sf neighborhoods I watch my back because I know 4 people who have been brutally attacked from behind.One woman I know required 2 years of recuperation.
An asian man was shot and killed in Oakland last month because the wilding gang was targeting asians whom they think "carry more cash".
A Japanese student was killed in Texas by a homeowner.The kid entered the house thinking it was his friends party,and didn't understand the term "freeze".It was a misunderstanding ,but I wonder if he were white would he have been shot.
There have been several cases of homophobic murders in the press recently.
A black man was dragged to death behind a pickup truck a few years back by racists.
There was an incident where the police murdered an unarmed African American who was reaching for his wallet.
This is a very violent country.Guns make it more volatile.(Im personally not against guns, but they are a large factor.)
Anyone who denies that the right wing controls the country is mistaken.Remember we have a Republican President ,Congress ,and Supreme court.The NRA is right wing, and supports right wing politicians.
My advice to foreigners visiting the USA is, watch your back.
KenK

> Nitka
> Sent: Friday, February 21, 2003 8:59 AM
> To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals -
Students
> Subject: Re: >
>
> HELLO! can anyone say TROLL - either Chris is a drooling
idiot or he's a
> TROLL - I suspect the later.  How can anyone living in
another developed
> country ask such a stupid question.  It is a TROLL.  Right
Wing Nature of