Re: Sepia and Sellinium Toning In PS

Le 14.2.2003 12:34, « kostas papakotas » <kostaspapakotas@hotmail.com> a
écrit :

> so i tried the PS help and it led me to Channel Mixer.
> what i did was convert a test B&W photo to RGB and play with the channels.
> the best i could do is get an unsaturated yellow tint.
> so... i wonder if anyone vould suggest the proper settings (which output
> channel, and a choice of RGB values)
> (i guess there are more thatn one Sepia tones, aren't they)
> or even lead me to a web page with a prepared guide for it.

Hi Kostas,

Here is another way to achieve it (the duotone methodes may be better, but
more adapted to CMYK printers; if you are using an Epson printer or another
desktop printers, they want RGB).

Use the channel mixer as you already have. Then choose New Layer and in the
option, choose fill layer..  You'll be presented with the color picker and
can choose whichever color you want near sepia or so.. Don't worry about the
choice of color, it can easily be changed.. Just take one.. And click OK;
this will add a special color layer over your picture. Now go to the layer
palette, and set the opacity level .. You can adjust the slider to get what
you want.. You can click on the layer icon showing you the color and change
the color using the color picker again.. It seems somewhat better to start
with a relatively vivid color (or the darktones won't be colored) and to
adjust the opacity slider.. You can also change the blending mode. There are
a lot of options and you can test everything and then choosing the one you
prefer (note your settings for the next time).

This apply to PS 7.0 If you have an earlier version, just add a new layer,
Select all and fill it with the paint bucket and or the Edit/fill command,
then adjust the opacity.

I kind of like this method; for me, it's just like using a filter..

Good luck with the work..

--
Christiane