Re: Sepia and Sellinium Toning In PS

Might I be so bold as to suggest you go about this a different way?

Rather than an adjustment layer, convert your image to greyscale (you may
want to make a copy of the original file since this will delete all color
information) and then convert it to a quadtone.

With your image up go to
Image>Mode>Grayscale
Then Image>Mode>Duotone
This brings up a dialog box.

In the dropdown box you can select duo, tri or quad tone. Do a quad...you'll
get the best color output.

A nice looking sepia can be had by using the following settings.
For the color blocks, use a Pantone process colors...cyan, yellow, magenta
and black then set the curves as follows:

Cyan is
0:0
50:65
100:65
All other values are left blank

Magenta is
0:0
50:48.1
100:53
All other values are left blank

Yellow is
0:0
50:60.6
100:51
All other values are left blank

Black is
0:0
50:18
100:94
All other values are left blank

You can further adjust by playing with the colors and curves but this gives
a nice sepia output. Also, Photoshop ships with some built-in quad
settings...you just have to find them within your Photoshop directories.

Hope this helps.
Lea