Re: need HTML guru for small help

At 12:51 AM +0900 1/23/03, Brian Chandler wrote:
"Emily L. Ferguson" <elf@cape.com> writes:

probability that a spambot will harvest the address from your page. I
thought that the capital 'I' was an attempt at disguise.
Interesting. I've never inserted the mail tag into the code. It comes from either Dreamweaver or PageMill 3, which I started out using for this site. I wonder where the capital I came from?.....

"Taking"?? You see, that only makes sense to someone who _doesn't_
understand how the web works. I use my browser to take a copy of the
image from your server - that's what happens.
There's taking to use and taking as a byproduct of the system. One's deliberate on the part of the user, the other's an accident of the system. Of course those who know enough are going to search about in their caches and try to access something they want to use. But the average user is going to experience something in the way of recognition that they're doing something they agreed not to do when they click "I agree" and then go and take something either off the page or out of the cache. One can't do a lot more to protect the property on the site at present than that.

also ignores the *description* metatag, unless (IIRC) you get your page
in the appropriate DMOZ category.
What's a DMOZ category?

 > I would prefer not
 to have lots of words on the image pages.
Yes, I meant you need to have pages of writing as well.
What for? I don't have words to say. I have images to say. I do have to put up a page or two about how to get the pix for use - notecards, licenses, framed enlargements. Beyond that I'd prefer to keep the focus of the site on the product.

Sorry, it tiles in the mathematical sense, but isn't seamless. Should be
able to fudge the boundary in a cloud image, although you need to have
opposite sides matching colours.
And now it doesn't tile in any sense on the ELFerguson.html page.  Sigh.

Onward and upward.  Lots to do!

--
Emily L. Ferguson
elf@cape.com  508-563-6822