Re: need HTML guru for small help

"Emily L. Ferguson" <elf@cape.com> writes:

> Well, guys, I did the 50% thing.  So now if you'd all go look at my
> pages and see what you experience and tell me it would be a help and
> interesting, to boot.
>
> http://www.vsu.cape.com/~elf
>
> Also, tell me if you actually get to the photographs.

Lovely, Emily. In no particular order, intending to be helpful...

http://www.vsu.cape.com/~elf/%20E%26S%20pageicon.jpg
This should (must!) be a .png or .gif file; graphics suffer terribly
>from jpeggery.

"Massachusetts"
Bugger, that blows my theory. I thought all the consonants were doubled.

"maIlto:elf@cape.com"; <- The capital I might fool a few spambots, but
here's what I put:
href="m&#097;ilto:chandler&#064;yomogi.or.jp"
So if you use m&#097;Ilto:elf&#064;cape.com you may reduce spam a bit
more. (Not the Final Solution...)

I can't avoid a feeling you're being a bit paranoid - the images are not
terribly small, but they could be a tad [(c) Snapper] sharper. I think
the front page message is too negative: I mean, I clicked "I
understand", but actually I don't understand at all. I may see your
pictures, but I may not "use" them. Well, if you said something like
"...for you personal enjoyment, and not for commercial purposes" I could
understand, but as it is - well, can I show my friends what nice
photographs you have? In paper terms, may I cut out the one I like best
and look at it more frequently?

If you do want more people to look (which I believe will ultimately
bring you more chances of assignments or commercial licensing) you have
to get ***words*** on those pages, because search engines only find
words. I get more than a million hits a year, and I guess that without
words I'd be lucky to find 10% of that.

Hmm. That's odd - the beech leaves don't look very beechy to me: are N.
American beeches different?

Your cloud background doesn't tile. At
http://www.vsu.cape.com/~elf/ELFerguson.html
you've included

 <!--body {  background-repeat: no-repeat}-->

which leaves it stranded in the top left corner. You should be able to
fudge the joins, as I've done with my photo-backgrounds:
http://imaginatorium.org/tiles/tiles.htm

HTH
Brian Chandler
geo://Sano.Japan.Planet_3