Re: Inexpensive background suggestions

Buy a white bed sheet - king size, or queen size is best. buy some ordinary fabric dye - dark gray color. Dye the sheet, but do a lousy job, so that the result is uneven. (This is easier to do that it seems. To do an even job, it is necessary to completely unbundle the fabric. But a since a sheet is big, that's hard to do, and the result is that you are almost guaranteed an uneven dye job!).

With a dark gray background, the appearance in the photograph then depends entirely on the light you put on the background.