Re: xmas light

 Given the fact that they may be coated with god knows what and that
even then they tend to get warmer with age I think it would be very
difficult if not impossible to determine the exact spectral output of
any given bulb without the use of a color temperature meter.

I would expect that one could get acceptable results if the end result
is of printed form by exercising corrective techniques in post. If you
are attempting to get correct results on a transparency then your
options are to either:
A- beg borrow purchase or steal a colour temperature meter and correct
accordingly or
B- take a sample transparency down to the lab and discuss it over a
color correct lightbox with a techie or
C- shoot a lot of film and bracket with each of the filters designed to
correct incandescent/tungsten light to daylight. From lightest to
darkest in order they are, 82, 82A, 82B, 82C, 80D, 80C, 80B and 80A. Be
mindful that you can achieve intermediate corrections by combining two
or more of these filters. ie: an 80D with an 82A will put you between
80D and 80C. or
D- guess and get lucky.

Colour correction with filtration requires that particular attention be
paid to proper exposure as well. Don't forget to bracket.

good luck,