Re:xmas light

>How do I determine what temperature those little, tiny,  >not-really-white lights are, and which type of filter to correct with?

   For exact determination, get a color temp meter, the MInolta would be my recommend. I'm sure you're ready to not devalue the photo-meter industry, do the fair thing, and part with a paltry $900 after-holiday bucks for this.

  In case you're not..ideas: First, break down and purchase a light blue filter, like an 82 A and see what you get. While you've got the pursestrings loosened, grab an 80B as well. It will come in handy some day.  Second, consider that cooling images like this down too much can remove some of the warm feelings many people associate with Christmas. WHat time of day are you shooting these displays at ?

     --- Luis
Does anyone of you (Bobberty?) just know, or do I have to purchase  some fancy expensive light meter?