xmas light

OK, you techies out there. I'm on to the annual ornament-by-tree-light shooting game. Tungsten film notwithstanding, all the pix come out yellow.

How do I determine what temperature those little, tiny, not-really-white lights are, and which type of filter to correct with?

Does anyone of you (Bobberty?) just know, or do I have to purchase some fancy expensive light meter?