Re: Winter shooting

CameraTraveler@aol.com wrote:

> Thanks to all who have made suggestions.  What I've learned so far:
>
> Layering--I have polypro in light and expedition weights, but will have to
> look into the wool blend.

I got both of mine at Wal-Mart and paid next to nothing compared to say,
Padigonia.

> ........One suggestion I got elsewhere was to put equipment into a Ziplock bag
> or
> other such airtight container (I have some Pelican cases) before taking the
> gear from cold to warm.  Allowing the gear to warm to room temp. this way
> will prevent condensation.

It should be sufficient to just leave them closed in your normal camera bag or
pack.  Just don't open it up for at least an hour.

> ....I'm also looking into a winter sleeping bag and boots.

For boots you might consider Sorel or another liner type, depending on your
activity level.  If you are hike, stick to hiking boots.

> In case folks haven't figured it out, I'm working on getting back to my
> long-postponed road trip out west.  If anyone has suggestions for great
> shooting locales across the northern tier of US states, and possibly Canada,
> I'm open to suggestions.

Check out the upper Michigan peninsula.  The Bad Lands of SD and the Black HIlls
are good choices also.

Peace!
Sidney

--
God said, Let there be light!
Divine Light: Photography by Rev. Sidney Flack