Winter shooting - A question

From: "Rev. Sidney Flack" <sgflack@prodigy.net>
Subject: Re: Winter shooting

I always try to wait at least five seconds after pulling my darkslide before
exposing the film no matter what the conditions. This gives the film a chance
to acclimate from the conditions inside the holder and backpack to the
conditions inside the camera and avoids any change in the shape of the film
during the exposure.

that makes me wonder.
is there any possibility that that extreme weather does NOT affect film speed? we have a photochemical reaction when it gets exposed and i bet it is temp sensetive. i would even expect the gellatin to suffer a degration in its physical characteristics 9gettinh harder and more difficult to roll for example)

what should one expect film-wise?

thanx, kostas

so... no matter what, CHEER UP MY FRIENDS! Life is too precious to jump the other side of the fence...
kostas papakotas / clenched teeth photography
http://groups.msn.com/clenchedteethphotography/home.html
'COS SOMETIMES IT IS BETTER WITH CLENCHED TEETH!