Re: My Photo Web Site

At 10:03 PM 12/9/2002 +0000, you wrote:
>Dear List members,
>
>I have had a web site up with many images for viewing some downloadable with
>a fee for opening.
>
>I've had thousands of visitors (not metered but visible on the log) but no
>sales.
>
>I've now introduced a small charge to enter the galleries, one of $5 the
>other $10.  I now think the number of visits will rapidly decline but I
>might convert visitors into dollars.
>
>This is not common on the web but real galleries sometimes charge and others
>not.  I know that for myself I may not enter a fee charging gallery but
>their is a credit card processing charge so in effect a minimum profit
>making fee (about $5).  So it would be foolish to charge less.  I would make
>a loss or only a small profit.
>
>How do other photoforum members feel about an gallery entrance fee for their
>own gallery on the web.
>
>I've not tried it before....
>
>Chris
>mailto:nimbo@ukonline.co.uk
>http://www.chrissdomain.com

Chris,

Can you pass on some URL's to "fee" galleries?  With the thousand's of very
good free galleries why would anyone pay to play?  Also have you looked at
the policies of stock photo or art services?  That may be helpful to you for
marketing ideas.

AZ - no cover,

Build a Lookaround!
The Lookaround Book.