Re: what makes memorable art

At 12:38 PM 12/9/2002 -0800, you wrote:
>Alan,
>
>I agree, it is not easy to do what was suggested on 60 minutes, and frankly
>I have no problem with the idea of tracing like the show suggested. I have
>studied Astronomy and it's history. For me, the evidence was pretty strong.
>
>It also reminded of me another 60 minutes episode where they highlighted
>some guy who does not actually do the work himself. He hires painters to
>create work he then signs and sells. $30,000 for one piece. His manager even
>cut one of this artist's (??) own pieces he did himself. Cut it to destroy
>it. Had it reached the market it would have devalued the artist"s other
>work.
>
>There is no longer a definition of art, except maybe in the eye of the
>beholder.
>
>Take care,
>Gregory david Stempel
>FIREFRAMEi m a g i n g

Gregory,

You must be refering to the shopping mall wonder, Kincade, "The Painter of
Light."  It's one of the few times I've felt sorry for a 60 Minutes reporter
- Morley Safer, who knows a bit about art, was gagging the whole time! If
Kincade can make zillions then real art isn't in the eye of the beholder.

AZ

Build a Lookaround!
The Lookaround Book.
http://www.panoramacamera.us