Re: Archival CD strorage

At 07:44 PM 11/29/2002 -0800, you wrote:
>I did a show recently about another topic. One of the guests talked about CD
>archival storage and that the Library of Congress had found some data being
>lost on CDs after 15 years. I'm talking about two years ago, and that at
>that time gold plated CDs were considered the best for archival storage.
>
>Has this topic been discussed here, and is there a consensus for archival
>storage on CDs?
>
>Take care,
>Gregory david Stempel
>FIREFRAMEi m a g i n g

Gregory,

I think we did beat this discussion to death a number of times :-) What are
the alternatives?  I figure that I can copy everything on to the Next Best
Thing when that arrives. As it is I'll be driven batty trying to figure out
what, where, and how many duplicates files I've made on CD's. Having cheap,
massive storage has its pit-falls.  I wish there were a slick way to imbed
annotations for key-word searches into graphics files.

AZ

Build a Lookaround!
The Lookaround Book.
http://www.panoramacamera.us