Re:Archival CD strorage

I recently bought a spindle of Kodak Ultima Silver+Gold CDs.   How are
these rated?

dan c.

At 11:08 AM 30-11-02 +0000, luis wrote:

>  Gregory writes:
>
>>I did a show recently about another topic. One of the guests talked
>about CD archival storage and that the Library of Congress had >found some
data being lost on CDs after 15 years. I'm talking about >two years ago,
and that at that time gold plated CDs were >considered the best for
archival storage.

>    The Kodak gold CDs (no longer made), according to Kodak had an
archival life of 100+ years if stored in darkness, not played, and at
>40 degrees. People are reporting lost data now within that 15 yr
>interval as Gregory's guest reported, and some cheap "bargain"
>disks (the kind  most people buy) are losing data much sooner than that
Then there's loss through damage from handling (scratches, etc) and
accidents.