Re: CD Sticker

At 10:39 AM 11/30/2002 +0800, you wrote:
>Alan Zinn wrote:
>
>> Elson,
>>
>> The problem with that is that some folks are dead against using a CD with a
>> sticker label on their machines. It throws them off balance - especially the
>> super fast ones. A rubber stamp might be a compromise. You could use the ink
>> pad meant for RC paper available at Porters.
>
>Alan,
>
>I thought that if one puts a sticker evenly on the CD, there would be no off
>balance effect. By "evenly" I mean a circular sticker to cover the entire CD
>front surface. A thin sticker, I guess, would help. Or, would this method and
>material still give problems?
>
>What's an RC paper and what's Porters? :) Are these First World stuffs? :)
>
>Elson
>--
>Nazca Graphic Design & Photography
>http://cdo.weblinq.com/~nazca/

OH DEAR...  RC paper is stuff we used to print photos on in the late Second
Millennium. :-) I was thinking that you will need a type of ink for a rubber
stamp that sticks well to a slick surface like RC paper. Porters here in the
U.S. is our source. www.porters.com

Anyhow, I am told that even the slightest balance error can be noticed
(heard) as vibration on a computer's CD player. I've never used a disk with
a paper label. The new supper-fast ones may even be able to explode a flawed
disk!!

AZ

Build a Lookaround!
The Lookaround Book.