Re: Global Health Council's Photography Contest - ANNOUNCEMENT FYI

> Seems to me that PF members might find this project worthwhile. The
2002
> winner was certainly not up to the quality of the better PF gallery
> contributors.

"Slides and photographs will not be returned."

Read the next bit carefully --- I added the extra line breaks. ;o)

" The Council reserves full rights to reprint,

"reproduce

"or display any submitted works in any of the Council's publications."

So there's no prize and an unscrupulous Council could almost do what
the heck they like.
I suspect that a couple of things contribute to any perceived low
standard

1) Any serious photographer with a half decent shot would not accept
those terms.
2) A bias towards work from less developed countries ?

The lack of a prize is less concern to me than the loss of the shot

Bob