Re: Gallery Review - "Montreal - Lachine Canal":

Thanks for the various (mixed reaction) comments on my experiments  with
monochrome negatives as the final product.  (Hmmm....  I did send a
second one for posting on the gallery to show differences that can be
created).

Two points:
1.  I find it essential experimenting with the medium and breaking the
rules in order to get a different perspective on what the
eye-camera-film process can create and hence move ahead in directions
that I would have otherwise.
2.  Us, photographers, are so accustomed to looking at negatives as only
the intermediary between what the lens captured and what the final print
is that we have lost the sense of beauty of the negative.  For more on
this, go back to John Leongard's "celebrating the negative".  This book
is quite different in intnent from what I am doing but conveys a message
that is similar.

Thanks again for the comments,

Guy