Gallery Review

Christiane Roh
Lausanne, Pl. de la Riponne, ao{t 2002:  A slice-of-life photograph, and I like it very much.  The two little girls are sharing a secret and the little boy is uninterested - how natural.  There is something very appealing about this image.  Perhaps because it is so true to life.

Richard Cooper
Take Cover:  This photograph says, "A storm is a-coming!  'Take cover'."  A powerful image.  I would like to see the in-person photograph.  I think some detail may have been lost in the scan. Still, an interesting image.

King/Arthur
WOLs 4: The family:  What an interesting concept - fill in the blanks.  I like this idea.  The image by itself makes me wonder what the woman in the photograph is thinking.  It appears the two are in a market place.

Guy Glorieux
Montreal - Lachine Canal:  I'm always intrigued by experimental and unusual methods of photography.  Using a paper negative as a final product is interesting, Guy.  I like this image because it is so sharp and the switched contrasts (darks that would normally be light and vice versa)  does give the image a surrealistic feel.  You do lots of unusual and interesting things with your photography, Guy.  I think that's great.

Christopher Strevens
My sister and her daughter:  This looks so much like a drawing, it doesn't look like a photograph. Hmmm.  It's hard to decide how I feel about it.  I like it - but do I like it as a drawing or as a photograph?  I would have liked to have seen the mother's head tilted just a touch toward the girl.  The mother seems to be pulling away from the daughter.

jIMMY Harris
Mimosa Tree:  jIMMY -  That's my tree!  I have a Mimosa tree in my back yard and I'm always studying it to see what kinds of images I can get by photographing it.  The seeds, leaves, branches and blossoms are fascinating, aren't they?

Peeter Vissak
Behind the corner of the Columns:  This is a fascinating photograph because of all the elements included in it.  The columns take me back to historic times.  The buildings beyond take me into the present and the small wooden(?) building to the lower, right takes me to the not-too-distant-past.  Lots to think about.  Nicely composed and framed.

Bob Talbot
Lion number two:  Ummm - I'm not too sure what to think about this photograph.  It's well done, in focus, nicely exposed, composed and framed.  I like the detail in the lion's coat and the softness of the grasses around her - but, uh - what can I say?

Dan Mitchell
F7:  Rather the the "F7" grabbing my attention, my eyes go to the detail in the ropes and the colors in the photograph.  I think it took some thought on your part, Dan, to "see" what you caught in this image and I think it is a successful photograph.  Something about it is very appealing.

Emily L. Ferguson
Tihonet Pond moment:  I like this photograph very much - especially the lower half.  The colors are rich, and the movement of the water is a little more peaceful.  The upper half of the photograph looks choppy due to the wind, and it isn't as restful as the lower half.  The combination of the reds and blue is pleasing.

Andrew Davidhazy:  Hi Andy.  Thank you for the wonderful post card.  I knew it was yours before I turned it over to see who had sent it.  Your gallery image is interesting because the subject looks as if she was put together like pieces of a puzzle.  The parts of her body don't look connected.  Like Guy's photograph, this one has a surreal feel to it.  I like the jagged edges - they add to the total image.

Thank you to all who contributed to the gallery and to Andy and staff for presenting it.

While reviewing, I just put down my immediate thoughts.  They may seem incomplete and disjointed, but I thought the photographers may get something from these thoughts, and I that I may learn from them, also.

Marilyn