Re: Gallery Review

Gregory writes:

>John Edwin Mason (Frank Morgan, Charlottesville,
>Virginia, 4 October 2002) - Wow John you've got the
>knack for catching the soul of the performer. Do you
>fire off eleven rolls of film per concert to get
these
>shots or are you just that good?

Don't embarrass me, Gregory.  Four rolls that evening,
with an unusually high proportion of keepers.
Everything was in place--good lighting, good shooting
positions, great music, friendly audience...  One of
the rare occasions when I felt like I was in the zone.

>The black space to the right of Frank throws this off

>balance for me though. The placement of Frank by
>himself would be fine but his accompaniment makes the

>image too heavy on the left for me.

Fair point.  I'm sure that I'll crop it differently
when I print it.

--John