Re: file formats

> > It's an easy way to stop geeks printing your pictures though:  embed
> > in then a ludicrous dpi setting (say 9999.99 dpi) and they are
> > effectively safe ;o)
>
> One pixel per parsec is **much** better. Think of the ink and paper they
> waste on the first attempt...
Brian

My answer was aimed at PhotoShop users.
On PS 5.0 9999.99 dpi was the biggest value it would let me enter ;o)

I've not tried editing a bmp/jpg/tiff directly yet to manually set the resolution Tag to a bigger value
In a windows bmp file resolution is coded as an unsigned long (PelsPerMeter - whatever pels are).
Does 2^32 PelsPerMeter get close to pixels per parsec?  Doubt it.  Think you are stuffed.

hahahah - maybe I could set them to zero and see if PS can handle the "by zero" error when it tries to print ;o)

Don't know what the numerical limits of the res. tag are in other file formats -

Bob

Freeserve AnyTime, only £13.99 per month with one month's FREE trial!
For more information visit http://www.freeserve.com/time/ or call free on 0800 970 8890