Re: file formats

Bob Talbot <snapper@st-abbs.fsnet.co.uk> writes:

> > One pixel per parsec is **much** better. Think of the ink and paper they
> > waste on the first attempt...
> Brian
>
> My answer was aimed at PhotoShop users.
> On PS 5.0 9999.99 dpi was the biggest value it would let me enter ;o)

No - you want the *smallest* 'pixels-per-distance'. PSP lets me use 1
per cm, which is quite convenient, and would waste quite a bit of ink.

> In a windows bmp file resolution is coded as an unsigned long
(PelsPerMeter - whatever pels are).

Huh? More meaninglessness. "Pel" is (or was) IBM-speak for pixel. Well,
1 per metre should do nicely.

> hahahah - maybe I could set them to zero and see if PS can handle the
"by zero" error when it tries to print ;o)

Bingo!

Brian Chandler
geo://Sano.Japan.Planet_3
Jigsaw puzzles from Japan at: