Re: file formats

> I think even *pretending* to talk about web image sizes in DPI is
> misleading and will cause endless confusion, either immediately or
> later.  The size of an image on the web is measured in pixels,
> period.

It's an easy way to stop geeks printing your pictures though:  embed
in then a ludicrous dpi setting (say 9999.99 dpi) and they are
effectively safe ;o)

I've had a serious thought though:

If you have an image with 4000 pixels across, and you need to print it
at 150 dpi to get the size-on-paper you want, would it make any
difference to the finished product if you resample it up to 8000
pixels wide and printed it at 300 dpi?    Any difference at all that
is.

Is it just a matter of whether PhotoShop handles the interpolation
better than the printer software?
Do printers such as the Epson 1200 have a "native" resolution which
means they "don't have to think"?

Anyone actually done the comparison rather than just read about it?

Bob