Re: Aperture & Shutter speed of cheap camera

At 11:16 AM 9/24/2002 -0400, you wrote:

>On Tue, 24 Sep 2002, Alan P. Hayes wrote:
>
>> I'm assuming she doesn't drive yet, but no matter. There are digitals
>> out there for $30-40. I am investigating the Sipix Iquest Roam. It
>> uses two AA batteries, has two focus settings automatic exposure, and
>
> Yes, Alan, but...there's no bear up front, and this is one stylin'
>lady....:)  Great suggestion. Where can one see a pic from this
>machine ?
>
>   -- Luis

Greg,

If you go the digicam route you might consider some thing a step up from
the  SiPix Roam which is more a web cam than an un tethered digicam. Take a
look at the SiPix SP1300 for an example of what you can have for under
$100.00 US.

http://www.steves-digicams.com/2002_reviews/sp1300.html

Check out the sample images. Steve only displays out-of-the-box
anyone-can-do-it type examples and all things considered the SP1300
compares quite well to digicams costing over twice as much. It is also
bundled with an image editor that is a lot better than the card maker
usually packed with an inexpensive camera.

Dave
East Englewood