Re: Aperture & Shutter speed of cheap camera

Greg-
I'm assuming she doesn't drive yet, but no matter. There are digitals
out there for $30-40. I am investigating the Sipix Iquest Roam. It
uses two AA batteries, has two focus settings automatic exposure, and
shuts itself off after a short period of inactivity (a problem for
the guy sitting in the truck with the cameras out on the bumper, but
an advantage in your situation). I don't know for sure how long the
batteries last yet. I like the pictures it takes, though they are
hardly high quality, it doesn't seem to mess up entirely very often.
It has flash and a fairly fast lens, also, since it's digital, she
can shoot to her heart's content. It downloads straight to a PC and
will take compact flash cards if you want to use it with a Mac.

--
Alan P. Hayes
Meaning and Form: Writing, Editing and Document Design