Re: problem with minolta xtsi

I assume you weren't using fill in flash. The camera can lock up for several
reason like if it can't find a focus point due to low contrast . Thhis
usually happens in dim light but can also happen in bright light if all the
sensor were reading the white dress. If it really is an exposure problem you
should just be able to use the exposure compensation  switch and cut out two
stops of light. Also if light was striking the eye piece of the camera it can
throw stuff off but normally one has an eye block this from happening. If you
are shooting negative film you are ok because of the latitude. If you were
shooting slide film then you probably have a big problem.

n a message dated 9/23/02 10:54:43 PM EST, shutterbug123@hotmail.com writes:

> Hi everyone,
>
>  While shooting an outdoor wedding today (in bright sunlight), my Minolta
>  xtsi locked up on me 3 times...everything appeared to be on, but it would
>  not fire.(Can't wait till I can afford med. format). Luckily I had my
trusty

>  Canon AE1 program with me also.  When I had a few minutes to check on it,
>  the LED screen looked normal, except "4000" was flashing. I tried moving
>  a shaded area, the display would then say "125" but still not fire. Upon
>  checking the troubleshooting section of my manual, it states that "scene
or
>  subject brightness is beyond the camera's metering range" ???? I was using
>  200ASA film, a 28-80mm f/3.5-5.6 with the camera set on "program".  Could
it

>  have been the brides white dress causing this?  I have taken several
>  photographs with this camera and lens and never had such a problem.  Sure
>  makes you appreciate the simple things in life (the AE1P)! Any thoughts or
>  suggestions? Do I need to have my camera checked? Are the photos from my
AE1