Re: Official archives or what ?

At 7:23 PM -0500 9/14/02, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
>They think they're performing a public service, and I rather think
>they are.  Since the list is public, and already has a public archive,
>they're not doing anything the members don't already expect, and more
>sites makes it more accessible and less vulnerable to loss.
>
>And me web space runs on hard drives that cost just the same as the
>hard drives in my own desktop system (and sit next to each other on
>the shelf).

I guess my point is, if it's meant to be a public service then why
not introduce yourself to the list and offer the service publicly?

I don't have a problem with people doing this sort of thing,
personally, but it does seems to ruffle some feathers when it's
discovered accidentally.

A.
--
Alan P. Hayes
Meaning and Form: Writing, Editing and Document Design