Re: off topic without permission...

Alan Zinn wrote:

> At 11:50 AM 8/26/2002 -0700, you wrote:
> >
> >I am looking to sell an A24 hassy back and am considering e-bay as a
> >possibility. Has anyone sold gear there before? Any tips?  Response off
> >list is fine.
> >
> >thx

> Not off list - we all might as well get Ebay educated.  I'm unloading camera
> stuff too.

I've sold an purchase a bunch of stuff off eBay.  It works just fine.

The important things when sell are to have very clear photographs of our sale
items, including close ups of any particular flaws you mention in the auction
text, and not to start with too high an opening bid.  Don't make the starting
bid what you really want for it.  This frees people up to begin the processes.

E.g., I sold a Toyo bifocal hood a couple years ago that was included with a
4x5 I purchased at a swop meet.  Included four pics and started the auction at
$25.  It sold for over $300 and paid for the camera.

In the description, be very clear and up front about the items qualities and
flaws, more the flaws; people buying this stuff should know the qualities.
State clearly your payment options and that personal checks must clear before
shipment.  Give at least an estimate on shipping charges, or a set amount, and
if you will ship internationally.

Give a fair return guarantee.  I bought a Schneider 90 Angulon (the little one)
that had developed a severe flare since the last time the seller used it.  Got
my money back quickly, less shipping.

Don't be afraid to sell or purchase from eBay.  Everybody knows the rules and
etiquette.  Many people make a fair income from the auctions and don't want to
jeopardize it.

Peace!
Sidney

--
God said, Let there be light!
Divine Light: Photography by Rev. Sidney Flack