Leonardo

Rev,

The camera is on its way. I took it to the post office shortly after noon
today. There is a looseleaf binder full of good stuff there, so don't just
rip the box open, find the camera and shoot! :-)

Hey, see if you can make sense of the picture numbering. When you look at
the log, there is a place to the picture number. Lou Wilkenson recorded #19.
I just put "20" in the slot, then I noted the numbers were going down. I dug
out the camera (which I had in the box at the time) and saw, I think, #19,
so I wrote that in. But then I noticed that Lou had #19 (and the camera was
back in the box again). So I put #18. Please pay more attention to this than
I did and correct whatever grevious error I seem to have committed. Thanks
muchly.

Hint: this camera takes a wide-angle picture. You may want to pre-visualize
some sites with a wide-angle in mind.

peace,

rand

----- Forwarded by Rand Flory on 08/28/2002 16:22 -----

"Guy Glorieux"
 <guy.glorieux@sym
To:
"ADavidhazy" <ANDPPH@ritvax.isc.rit.edu>,
"Gisele patico.ca>comtois" <gicomtois@yahoo.ca>,
"Jeff Spirer" <jeff@spirer.com>,
"Rev. Sidney Flack" <sgflack@prodigy.net>,
"Roderick Chen" <roderick@videotron.ca>,
"rand flory" <ferret@wyoming.com>,
"Robert Gary Hall" <Robert@RobertHallPhotography.com>,
"Roger Eichhorn" <eichhorn@uh.edu>,
"Kristoffer  Buquet" <KBuquet@ApertureFoto.com>,
"Rich Mason" <CameraTraveler@aol.com>,
"Achal Pashine" <achal@stanford.edu>,
"Stephen Ylvisaker" <greyfell@gns2000.com>,
"J C Hanson" <jchanson@optonline.net>,
"Guy Glorieux" <guy.glorieux@sympatico.ca>,
"Yudit Ilany" <yudit@melig.co.il>,
"Morley Roberts" <morley@ca.inter.net>,
"Lou Wilkinson" <lwilkinson@schilli.com>,
"Chris Strevens" <nimbo@ukonline.co.uk>,
"Alan Zinn" <azinn@NETBOX.COM>

 cc:
"Bob Talbot" <st_abbs@yahoo.co.uk>,
"Christiane ROH" <rohcris@vtx.ch>

Subject:  Leonardo Mailing addresses and final instructions

Hi Leonardo participants:
(Once again, I take the liberty of copying Bob Talbot and Christiane
Roh, since they are those who will take over the digital part of the
project, once the negatives are processed and scanned).

If everything runs according to plan, Leonardo should be on its way out
tomorrow, Monday June 12, to Roger Eichhorn in Texas!  At the same time,
a similar camera will also go out to Andy then to Yudit then back to me,
to test the resilency of the film to border/postal X-Rays checking.

Here is the current list of the 19 participants, with mailing addresses
and the proposed routing of the camera.  Below each name, I have placed
a tentative date by which they should have received the camera, shot
their image and be sending it to the next on the list, taking into
account known  plans of each.  Please feel free to add any documents to
the travelling package as you may think is appropriate (postcards,
pictures, etc... plus written comments).

Could you please check your mailing address and the expected shipping
out dates and let me know if there are any changes or known conflicts
with schedules.

At the moment, the camera will only go out as far as Israel  to Yudit
before returning to Canada for processing, without making the full
circle of the planet.  I have not given up hope of finding someone from
the Asia/Pacific region to join the team.  This may require the person
to join while the camera has begun its journey.  I believe that this
should not be a problem, provided that the person joining is upward on
the travel route and that the camera does not have to travel backward.
But please let me know if you have any objection to this.

One additional point.  I have simplified the operating rules (see
below), based on comments from several people.  You will find the text
below.  The two main modifications are as follows:
1.  Best efforts once the camera has arrived to ship it within the next
four days after receiving it, but not to exceed seven days.  Four days
is a good enough period for a shooting (I know, there are always special
factors...) while seven days is really quite a lot...
2.  The ownership rules has been removed.   I will remain the keeper of
the camera and try to preserve it's integrity but will ultimately yield
to arm twisting from those who feel it critical that they recover their
negative.

Finally, I regret that Bobbie Blazy - who was the initiator of Raphael -
decided not to join with Leonardo.  We exchanged quite a bit since her
email indicating so and we are both happy about the way things are
going.  But I thought that you should be informed.

Roger Eichhorn
3542 Sun Valley
Houston,
TX 77025-4146
USA
June 17

Jeff Spirer
1930 St Francis Way
San Carlos
CA 94070
USA
June 24

Stephen Ylvisaker
402 Suntree Lane
Pleasant Hill
CA 94523
USA
July 1

Achal Pashine
39939, Stevenson Common #3039
Fremont,
CA 94538
USA
July 8

Robert Gary Hall
1493 West Erickson Park Drive West
Jordan
Utah 84084
USA
July 15

Lou  Wilkinson
16088 West StreetRemington,
IN 47977
USA
July 22

Rand Flory
721 Sheridan AveCody,
WY 82414
USA
July 29

Rev Sidney
Flack Divine Light: Photography
2507 E. 2nd Street
Tulsa,
OK   74104-1903
USA
August 5

Rich Mason
4127 Conrad RdAlexandria,
VA  22312
USA
August 12

Kristoffer J Buquet
617 Reading Terrace
Landover,
MD  20785
USA
August 19

Alan Zinn
928 Beech St.East
Lansing,
MI 48823
USA

Janine C. Hanson
272 Nassau Road
Huntington,
NY 11743
USA
August 26

Andrew Davidhazy
615 Phelps Road
Honeoye Falls
Rochester
NY 14472
USA
September 02

Chris Strevens
11 Kenley Rd.,
London,  SW19 3JJ.
England
September 09

Yudit Ilany
POB 8564
Yafo
Israel
Early October

Morley Roberts
425-2660 Norberry Cres.
Ottawa, Ont.
Canada K1V 6N2
October 14

Roderick Chen
147, Avenue Argyle
Montréal, Qc
Canada H3G 1V5
October 21

Gisèle Comtois
3941 St-Hubert
Montréal, Qc
Canada H2L 4A6
October 28

Guy Glorieux
3941 St-Hubert
Montréal, Qc
Canada H2L 4A6
November

General operating rules for Leonardo
Each participant commits strictly to one _ and only one _
single click of the shutter (even if by mistake) and to doing their best
on shipping the camera within the next four days of receiving it, not to
exceed seven days under any circumstances.

Guy Glorieux commit in return to having the negatives processed and
scanned
immediately upon receiving it back, to forward a digital image of the
negative to the photographer who shot that image, to make available a
copy of the CD with all the images to any participants for the nominal
fee of $US 10 (cost plus S&H) and to forward all the images digitally to
the Pass the Camera team, so that they can be put on the PTC web site.

For practical purposes, Guy Glorieux will be the keeper  of the camera
and the
negatives (in order to preserve the integrity of the camera and
negatives for any future use with the other PTC cameras as may happen,
e.g. museum as the case may be), but will ultimately provide their
negative those participants who claim that it is critical for them to
hold the negative.

Best wishes,

Guy Glorieux