Re: ink, paper longevity

That's an odd case Alan - newspaper inks last a VERY long time
because they are cheap! - they don't bother to put drying agents into
them because the newspaper has a short life. That's why even a 100
year old newspaper will smudge and the paper yellows up because it's
also cheap - no bleaches and stabilisers. Perversely, quality print
inks will fade with time - a few hundred years or so.
Andrew