Re: ink, paper longevity

At 12:35 AM 8/26/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>"It varies by paper type. PGPP has a 90-100 year life with the new pig inks
>although the mattes paper have a much shorter life than with the previous
>ink
>set."
>
>Ok, my question is, how can we possibly know this with certainty??  I don't
>know that I would trust wedding photos to this.....the technology just
>hasn't been around long enough to know for certain.

Angi,

Believe me carbon inks on any paper will last "forever" in a wedding album.
I have hundred year-old newspaper clippings stored poorly that are yellow
but the ink hasn't changed.  I think the testing methods used for inkjet
materials have very little practical value for determining long-term
image-keeping properties.

AZ
Maker of Lookaround panoramic camera.
http://www.panoramacamera.us